Holiday: 28 days holiday (includes Bank Holidays)
Birthday day: All employees have their Birthday as paid holiday
Pay grade: £23,000 - £30,000- based on experience and qualifications
Reporting Relationships: Reporting to – Horticultural Director/Maintenance Manager
Development Path: Ultimately, this post has the possibility of becoming a team leader and the long term potential of a management position.
- Bonus scheme to be discussed and implemented at a later date for the right candidate
- Use of a company van
- All employees have their Birthday as paid holiday
Start Date: As soon as possible
Company Mission Statement:
To be the number one maintenance company in West London when looking for a high end and highly personable service with impeccable attention to detail. To develop a loyal client base through effective sources and word of mouth strong of the highest quality service, increasing revenue and profit margins without sacrificing quality nor recurring to intensive practices or non-environmentally friendly methods. To measure and reduce our carbon footprint year on year, being valued as a sustainable net-zero company by 2030 and not damaging the planet for profit.
- Website: https://www.harryholding.co.uk/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/harryholdingdesign/
Working with us:
We are a team of young, keen horticulturalists and designers and we love what we do. The business has two branches - garden design and garden maintenance - meaning that the role is varied and that we are involved with a host of exciting projects, most notably we recently appeared on Channel 4’s Grand Designs.
Being a part of the team, every day is a joy – working hard to achieve our high standards and having a good laugh whilst doing so. We have a wonderful array of high-end clients who we know well and who respect and treasure the work that we do.
We are looking for someone who is passionate about horticulture, is ready to take that next step in their career and be a key player in a rapidly growing company with endless opportunities. The right candidate will have the same tenacious motivation to get stuck into the business and our exciting projects, creating and caring for inspiring, magical gardens and will be properly recognised and rewarded for their valuable contribution.
We are looking for a passionate, personable and knowledgeable horticulturalist to join our team in West London. The role will require a real drive and desire to deliver quality garden services to high-end residential houses. A hands-on and joyful attitude is required to fit into the company culture and a thirst for knowledge to continue progressing within the role.
- Full-time employment
- Highly competitive salary with prospects of bonuses
- Garden maintenance (all associated jobs and roles)
- Garden landscaping (planting, clearing, turfing, minor construction such steel edge installation/sleeper pathways etc)
- Monitoring of irrigation systems & water features
The successful applicant must:
- Be a people person - personable, well mannered and presentable. This is particularly important as we deal with high-end clients
- Full and clean UK driving license
- Have a strong horticultural knowledge and plant base
- Horticultural qualification(s)
- Be able to work on their own initiative both in a team and alone
- Be flexible with work hours
- Be focused, hard-working and swift when on the job
- Have excellent time management skills
- Tidy and considerate (side access is not always available so we often go through people’s homes)
- Confident with plant health and cross-contamination measures
- Confident with all areas of shaping and pruning (with plant health as the main priority)
- Understanding of common pests and diseases with preventative and treatment methods being eco friendly (we are environmentally conscious in everything we do, this is at the core of our ethos)
- Good knowledge of tools and how to use them effectively
- Knowledge of or the desire to learn more about permaculture and organic gardening
- An appreciation of and understanding of garden design
- You are expected to arrive promptly for work.
- We expect all staff to join in with company events and socials where possible to help build relationships with fellow team members and to build team morale.
- All staff are expected to uphold the company values.